Monday, April 20, 2009

By By BINKY

Well we have OFFICIALLY taken away the Binky. I am not going to lie, I really MISS it sometimes. There are sometimes when I really wish a could just put a mute on the screaming, but in the long run it will be could to have it gone now, and in all reality I love the look of her cute little face without it. It wasn't quite as hard as a thought it would be. She cried for it a couple times right at first, and after that she has asked for it every now and then. But it's GONE FOREVER! I had a dream last night that Matt had given the Binky back to her because she asked for it, but lucky for him it was just a dream.
Before we got rid of the Binky, Halle was the best sleeper ever. You could just lie her in her bed give her the BINKY and the BLANKET grandma Wallace made her and she'd fall right to sleep. Well after the Binky disappeared nap time got a little harder. So to get her to take NAPS and go to sleep at night we tell her she can go to bed and read some books. Well yesterday Matt had a MAGAZINE on the counter and that was the only book that she wanted to take to bed to read. We keep wondering why it took her so long to go to sleep, and when we got her up from her nap we realized it was because she was a LITTLE BUSY. Hope Matt didn't want to read that magazine anyone. It was not only torn to shreds in her bed, but all over the floor as well. Good thing she's CUTE.

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious, not the binky part but the magazine trashing. We will be taking Noah's binky soon and I've tried to think of the best way.

    I'm glad it wasn't bad for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny!!! She is so darn cute. Congratulations on the binky thing. I am working on the bottle. It is hard! It is way to nice to throw it in their mouth and have some peace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are smart to do it now. We waited way too long to take it from our girls. They did pretty good though. You are right, she is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a brave lady. I have been contemplating getting rid of Amelia's, but I just worry that without it, she won't nap anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara. Cute blog! I've been blog surfing and found you from Amy's.

    I don't dare give up the binky...I am not as brave as you :)

    P.S. Love the black cupboards.

    ReplyDelete