Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kaysville to Billings - Slick to Hick and Loving it!

Yes...It's true I am returning to the blogging world. We have been a little busy the last little while, to say the least. The BEST news of all is Matt has a JOB! I can't tell you how excited we are. We are taking a little step back to start out our adventure, but hopefully it will pay off in the future.


Things all happened pretty fast, so we rented out our house and took off up to Montana. We packed up everything on a Thursday, drove up on Friday morning, and had everything out of the Uhaul by Friday night, and everything unpacked by Saturday with time still left to swim.

I have the best parents in the whole world! They were willing to take a weekend to help Matt and I drive up. We had three cars and one very large Uhaul. We all drove separately, but with the assistance of the two way radio's we were still able to make smart-alec remarks about moving to Montana. I don't know how we could have ever done it all by ourselves. Not only did they help with the packing, driving, and unpacking they were even there to help me with my miner meltdowns throughout the unpacking process. I am not going to lie, at first I really struggled with the amount of closet and storage space we have now, and the fact that I have to make my own ice! (Who does that anymore?) No worries, I really have adapted quite quickly, and I am doing just fine now.

Matt has been really busy since we've been here, but he is loving the job!
A very special thanks to everyone who helped us during this time! Mom and Dad for helping us pack, move, unpack, and for letting us store all of our CRAP at your house. Jana Dodenbier and Amy Uboldi for your mad cleaning skills. Grandma B for taking Halle for us all day Thursday, so that we could pack. Scott for helping Matt pack the Uhaul. Jena and Rudy for throwing a killer going away party. And everyone else who supported us in this move. We love you guys!

Here are a couple pictures of our caravan. I need to get the other ones from my parents.

Here is Matt and Halle at the pool. (Heaven for bid I get off my fat butt to get a better picture.) The pool is now closed for the year, so you'll have to wait until next year for some better pictures.



MORE TO COME! But I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you because I really don't have a very good track record. I will try and take some pictures of the apartment and the complex so you can get a better idea of where we live.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a move. Glad to hear everything is working out for you guys. I can't wait to see what there is to do in Billings, Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventure indeed!! Glad you're blogging. :) And glad that the adventure is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete