Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

This is Matt and Halle on there way up to our apartment.
This is our front door.

This is our kitchen. I am going to be a Trend Setter for putting the outside freezer inside the kitchen. So when you see that in the next Parade of Homes know that I started it. (Jena...I am sure you're dying right now!) I know it's super WT, but I can't live without it.
This is outside the apartments.

This is the park. (Halle in the bottom left corner.) She meets lot of "friends" here.

This is driving into the complex.

This is the pool area. We spent a lot of time here before it closed for the winter.

Nothing too special, but definitely livable. So far we have really enjoyed it here. The people are really nice, the weather has been about the same as home, everything is super close, and last the best of all...MATT HAS A JOB HERE!
There are a couple of things that are different here than Utah. For instance...

•People NEVER drive the speed limit. They drive at lease 5 under. It drives me nuts. They act like they have nowhere to be.

•People look at you like you're crazy when you ask for a side of mayo to make fry sauce. (Taylor you would never survive here.)

•Milk is over $3.50 a gallon.

•On a good day we might have 120 people at church.

•Our Bishop thinks it's OK to call people out of the congregation to give a five minute talk on the spot.

•They don't have Grandma's Sycamore Bread.

•We haven't found a good place to buy Donuts yet. (Probably a good thing.)

•They don't give you a Frosty with the kids meals at Wendy's. That was my favorite part of the meals.

•Matt is embarrassed to tell anyone he drives a Honda and not a Super Duty Truck.

•We are labeled "City Slicker's" and we came from Kaysville Utah.

•Cameo is not a fashion accessory, it is a MUST HAVE.

•They don't have a Taggarts, Mandarin, El Matador, or even a Chilli's. Don't worry...we are still as fat as when we left.

Other than that we are loving it here.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sad we didn't get to see you guys before you left. Let us know when you are home we will have to get together! Looks like you guys are doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Tara - I have my outside freezer in my office. Too hot in the garage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy to see that you have started blogging again. Love to see what you guys are up to. Halles pig cake is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!!! I obviously need to look past the first post when catching up on your blog...I had no idea you moved! I know it's been a while, but I could have at least helped you move. Glad it's all going well, keep up the blogging so I can keep track of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed with all the blogging! The place looks really nice. I can't wait to see more pictures of the inside! We are so happy that things are going well for you guys. We miss you tons around here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete